- This was about as terrible a result that you can imagine. Kansas State drives the field to tie the game with 0:42 left in the game and Kingsbury, with time on the clock, plays for overtime and loses because Shimonek throws the ball out of bounds on an effing fade route.
- That’s coaching scared, at least it is to me and I’m guessing that a lot of you feel the same way. I just don’t have the energy to really consider the options at this point, but you’ve got a few plays to try to get down the field and try a field goal.
- The defense played okay, about what I expected, but giving that last drive is about as terrible as it gets. The offense failed when it was a critical situation, but the defense failed too.
- I haven’t been this depressed after a loss in a long time. Missing that field goal was a hit to the gut and then just not even trying to put Kansas State down is just as bad as it gets.
- I have no idea what happens this week, but it may be a really interesting one. I know that a lot of you do not want to see an interim coach, but with the early signing period, it may be necessary to start that process. It stinks, really stinks. I’m probably going to need to go to church multiple times this week.