Date: September 5, 2015
Time: 2:30 pm
Good Guys: Texas Tech Red Raiders
Bad Guys: Sam Houston State Bearkats
Location: Jones AT&T Stadium | Lubbock, Texas
Weather: Sunny, High 91, Low 68
TV/Stream: Fox Sports Net and FoxSportsGo (complete channel listing via LSUFootball.net)
Radio: Broadcast Affiliates and TuneIn App
Vegas: No line (via OddsShark)
Posted this Week on Staking The Plains:
- When, Where and How to Watch: Sam Houston State vs. Texas Tech
- Three Position Battles: Sam Houston State vs. Texas Tech
- Recapping the Presser: Sam Houston State vs. Texas Tech
- Old Man Kingsbury
- Matching Up: Sam Houston State vs. Texas Tech
- Eats & Bounds: Sam Houston State vs. Texas Tech
- Seven Points: Sam Houston State vs. Texas Tech
- Haiku Prev-U-Sam Houston State
- Weekly Conversation: Tearing up the microphone
Depth Chart and Game Tracker. I often struggle with how to track a game and I’ve come up with something that I thought I’d share with the class. It is your standard two-deep depth chart, but besides each player is a column with “Big Play” (Staking The Plains Game Sheet–PDF). The idea is that if a player makes a big play or a play I want to remember, then I just write the number next to the player and then describe it down below. I usually check out the clock to get an idea as to when the play happened. I’m giving it a shot and going to see how it works and I thought you might enjoy it too.
Game thread goes up at 2:00 pm.
In the News. Here’s everything I could find this morning:
- LAJ: Rivals for a change: Lifelong friends square off in Tech-Sam Houston St. opener
- LAJ: Sam Houston attack looks strong
- LAJ: Game Day: Red Raider football quick hits
- LAJ: Texas Tech Q&A with Micah Awe
- LAJ: Tech at 1,000: Defining moments – Developing the Double-T
- Campus Insider: Texas Tech vs. Sam Houston State Prediction, Game Preview
- 24/7 Sports: Week Two: Prospects put up big stats across Texas: Just a ton of information here, so I’ll try to catch all of the Texas Tech commits, but if you love high school football, go check the whole thing out — Jett Duffey was 11 for 21 for 139 yards and 1 touchdown and ran for 168 with 2 touchdowns . . . Skyline’s Da’Leon Ward ran for 117 yards on 20 carries and caught 4 passes for 18 yards . . . T.J. Vasher caught 7 passes for 100 yards and a TD . . . Xavier Martin was 18 of 23 for 194 yards and a TD, while Bryson Denley had 10 yards adn 2 touchdowns and Antoine Wesley-Cox had 8 catches for 74 yards and a touchdown . . .
Soccer Wins, 4-0. Not even close. Texas Tech beat UTSA, 4-0, last night, behind three first half goals and lots of playing time for the newcomers.
Terrific Honor for Gotcher. A huge honor for Toddrick Gotcher as he received the John McClendon Postgraduate Scholarship. Gotcher graduated in three years and is pursuing his master’s degree in marketing business. You can be very proud of Gotcher as he’s one of the best Red Raiders to come through Texas Tech.